Piers Morgan pictured with ITV TV director following Ofcom’s judgment


Piers Morgan was pictured with ITV TV director Kevin Lygo days after his comments on the Duchess of Sussex did not violate the broadcast code.

They were seen sitting in the same box at The Oval cricket ground in London during England’s fourth test against India on Friday.

Morgan, 56, left Good Morning Britain in March following an argument over comments he made about Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In the interview, she said she was ignored when she raised concerns about her mental health and suicidal thoughts, and alleged that racist comments were made before her son Archie was born.

close


Piers Morgan and Kevin Lygo in the stands at the Oval in London (Adam Davy / PA)

Pennsylvania

Piers Morgan and Kevin Lygo in the stands at the Oval in London (Adam Davy / PA)

His comments prompted more than 50,000 complaints, the largest number in Ofcom’s history.

However, the program was cleared on Wednesday, prompting Morgan to ask, “Am I getting my job back?” “

It was previously understood that while Morgan will not be invited to host Good Morning Britain again, ITV will continue to work with him on their celebrity interview program, Piers Morgan’s Life Stories.

Ofcom said her comments were “potentially harmful and very offensive” but were completely disputed by her co-host Susanna Reid and ITV News royal editor Chris Ship during the show.

The judgment said: “The code allows individuals to express strong, well-argued opinions, including those that are potentially harmful or very offensive, and for broadcasters to include them in their programming.

“Restricting such opinions would, in our view, be an unwarranted and appalling restriction on the freedom of expression of both the broadcaster and the public.”

close

Piers Morgan left GMB in March (Adam Davy / PA)


Piers Morgan left GMB in March (Adam Davy / PA)

Pennsylvania

Piers Morgan left GMB in March (Adam Davy / PA)

Morgan called the decision a “landmark decision”.

Speaking outside his London home following the judgment, Morgan said he would make a decision “very soon” on where his next job will be.

He added, “I’ve had a lot of offers and they’ve accelerated over the last 10 hours, as you can imagine, and I’m going to be running my free speech campaign around the world and everything. what I need is to have an employer who believes in it. as passionately as I am.

Since Morgan’s departure, ITV hasn’t hired a replacement and instead featured a rotating cast of presenters, including Adil Ray and Richard Bacon.

In April, Mr Lygo told Deadline there was not a single person who could replace Morgan on Good Morning Britain.

He said: “Piers is a special thing. You cannot replace someone like him. There is no one like Piers, for better or for worse.

“We have a list of presenters, including Ben (Shephard), Susanna (Reid), Charlotte (Hawkins) and Kate (Garraway).

“They are all mobilizing and doing a few more days than they would have done.

“We’re going to mix and match until we feel what to do. There is not a single person (who can replace him).


Comments are closed.